Construction will begin soon on the long-awaited traffic signal at the intersection of 95th Street and South Kilbourn Avenue. The Village Board endorsed this project in 2012 in conjunction with approvals for the construction of Advocate Christ Medical Center’s Outpatient Pavillion and Parking Garage on the north side of the intersection. Work on the traffic signal, managed and funded by Advocate Health Care, will include:
- Installation of traffic lights at the intersection of 95th St. and Kilbourn Ave.
- Creation of protected left-turn lanes for vehicles turning from 95th St. onto Kilbourn Ave. (northbound and southbound)
- Installation of a designated right-turn lane for west bound vehicles turning north onto Kilbourn
- Curb and pavement revisions to create turn lanes and traffic control islands at Kolmar Avenue (north and south sides of 95th) and Kenneth Avenue (south side of 95th)
- All related pavement striping
- Continuation of an 8 ft. wide pedestrian sidewalk along the north side of 95th St. between Kilbourn and Kostner Avenues
- Modifications to Advocate’s landscaping at the Outpatient Pavillion and relocation of affected Hospital signage
Roadwork will start around June 1, and will proceed in phases until completion in mid-October, 2016.