Top 15 Reasons to Choose Oak Lawn:
1. Choice of private/public schools within and bordering the Village, from pre-school to higher education.
2. Benefit from Advocate Christ Medical Center, Children's Hospital, and Ronald McDonald House which are all recipients of the Magnet Award for Excellence in Nursing Services.
3. Benefit from proximity to world-class downtown Chicago and Lake Michigan waterfront.
4. A convenient METRA station, parking garage, and mixed commercial-residential development.
5. Enjoy a mature tree canopy and neighborhoods with Oak-lined parkways, nearby open space, and a park system.
6. Experience a unique sense of community and stability, where residents stay and second generations return.
7. Use our centrally located library with a contemporary catalog of items.
8. Dine in our front porch atmosphere with outdoor seating and restaurant gardens prevalent in the community.
9. Use high quality Lake Michigan drinking water.
10. Worship in a community of parishes.
11. Celebrate Village tradition with numerous special events and festivals.
12. Feel safe with a Class One fire-rescue department, that puts Oak Lawn in the top 5% of nation and the 12th to be designated in the nation.
13. Feel safe with low crime rates and a police force committed to neighborhood policing.
14. Strong, well maintained housing stock with no bad neighborhoods.
15. Recreate with the Oak Lawn Park District: active recreation play fields, indoor basketball, ice rink, tennis courts, and cutting edge cultural arts program for all ages.
Activities in Oak Lawn:
The Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn: http://www.cmoaklawn.org/
Oak Lawn Public Library: https://www.olpl.org/
Oak Lawn Park District: http://www.olparks.com
Cineverse Film Discussion Group: http://cineversegroup.blogspot.com