With the State of Illinois moving into Phase 4 on Friday, June 26, 2020, the Village reopening will move to the second stage of our reopening plan effective June 29, 2020.

The second stage will include:

  • All employees and visitors will be required to wear masks when entering any Village owned building and observe social distancing whenever possible.
  • Public meetings and social events are limited to the lesser of 50 guests or 50% of overall room capacity.
  • Masks are required and social distancing is observed whenever possible.  This includes Board of Trustee meetings and all other public meetings.
  • All Departments of Village Hall will be open, including the second floor and basement.




Division Programs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Sewer Back-Up/Flooding

Property owners are responsible for the repair and maintenance of their sewer service line from the house to the village sewer main. The Village maintains the system of sewer mains.

If your property is in danger or if your sewer backs up, contact Public Works Department, Sewer Division at (708) 499-7748 during working hours. If it is after hours, please contact the Non-Emergency Police desk at (708) 422-8292. 


Oak Lawn Helps Homeowners with Flooding Issues

Does your home’s basement experience sewer back up during heavy rains? Is your home built before the 1970’s? The Village of Oak Lawn has passed a new ordinance which helps homeowners address private property flooding issues. The Village now offers a 50/50 cost share program for private property sewer repairs.

Contact Public Works at (708) 499-7748 to learn more and to schedule an inspection.

Click here for the Ordinance


Metropolitan Water Reclamation District's Melvina Ditch Stabilization Project